Wednesday 13 April 2011

Bakewell Tart





Not a lot of planning went into this one. I'd bought shortcrust pastry by mistake when I needed puff so this needed using up. Going through the book bakewell was the only thing that I had enough ingredients in for, or so I thought. So I baked out the pastry, made the frangipane for the filling and went to get the jam. Well, turns out that although I did have some it definitely wasn't edible. We don't eat much jam in our house and it tends to be just there for cakes, we're Marmite, Peanut Butter and Bovril (don't ask) kind of people. So I had to think quick, everything else was ready to go. So what you see before you is a Nutella Bakewell Tart. As it turns out it was pretty tasty. I am never using shopbought shortcrust again though. It wasn't nice, despite my checkered history of making pastry I'd much rather make the effort and get it slightly wrong than eat that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment