Wednesday 1 February 2012

Mum's chilli con carne

Again, it's been quite a while since my last post. Our house seems to have been hit by the plague recently. I've basically been bed bound for a week and cooking has been non-existent. I did find time to make myself a birthday cake and a few cookies so it wasn't all bad.

So back to the cooking. This is called Mum's chilli con carne in the book. As far as chilli's go it's not out of the ordinary, no ingredients that are going to stand out as being different. We usually make chilli from any leftover bolognaise sauce, which is soo lazy so it was quite nice to have a sauce that was chilli specific. This has a few extra spices that I wouldn't use, such as cumin. But this is alongside the usual chilli and cayenne pepper. This is a really good chilli, with a nice warm heat that isn't overpowering. We'll be making a few adjustments to our usual sauce but we'll stick to our lazy ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment